This service applies to repeat prescriptions (NOT for first-time users) for contraceptive pills, patches, nuvaring and depot injections.
The service only applies if you have previously bee prescribed contraception by this Practice.
Patient safety is the overarching priority. According to medical guidelines, it is relatively safe to issue you a repeat “pill” prescription provided we record your blood pressure and body mass index (BMI) annually.
Procedure for Requesting your Repeat Contraception:
- Email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org (Alternatively, you can email your request directly to a GP)
- State your name, date of birth and name of medication(s)
- Your request will be forwarded to the appropriate GP
- The GP will review your medical file and prepare the prescription if deemed safe
- Reception will send the prescription to you, or your Pharmacy
We will make every effort to provide this service to you in a timely manner. Our goal is to supply you with your prescription within two working days.
A repeat prescription will incur an administration fee.