This refers to prescriptions issued without a consultation between the doctor and patient.
There is an assumption that issuing these prescriptions is a simple automated process, however, it is in fact complex, requiring collaboration between patients, clinicians and Practice staff.
Patient safety is the overarching priority.
Procedure for Requesting Repeat Prescription:
- Email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org (alternatively, your request can be emailed directly to a GP)
- State your name, date of birth and dose of medication(s)
- Your request will be forwarded to the appropriate GP
- The GP will review your medical file and prepare the prescription if deemed safe
- Reception will send the prescription to you, or your pharmacy
We will make every effort to provide this service to you in a timely manner. Our goal is to supply you with your prescription within two working days.
A repeat prescription will incur an administration fee.